We are not accepting submissions at this time. Please check back in the near future.
- We consider only original, previously unpublished poetry written in or translated into English. Translations should include the poem in its original language, and the translator is responsible for obtaining the author’s permission to use their work.
- We accept only 1-4, single-paged poems at a time, submitted as one file.
- Our issues are tightly thematic, so carefully consider both the issue’s theme and the work of its guest editor before submitting your poems.
- We are primarily a letterpress print publication so we prefer poems to present themselves neatly onto a single page with minimal fuss. Please consider whether your poems are right for our primary format and proclivities.
- We do not accept multiple submissions.
- While we do accept simultaneous submissions, your eagerness to publish at all costs, and sooner rather than later—both of which we entirely understand and empathize with—will be better rewarded elsewhere. It can take us more than a year to respond to your submission. If you wish to persist—and we do admire persistence—please withdraw your simultaneous submission promptly should your work be accepted elsewhere. If you wish to withdraw only part of your simultaneous submission, add a note informing us accordingly.
- Acceptance for publication currently pays two contributor copies of the issue in which the poet’s work appears.
© 2022 Simple Machines